The third season aired between 1991 and 1992. There were twenty-six episodes narrated by Michael Angelis in the UK and by George Carlin in the US.
- "A Scarf for Percy" - Percy wants to wear a scarf, but changes his mind after an accident with a trolley.
- "Percy's Promise" - Percy braves a flood to pull the Sunday school children home, with the help of Harold.
- "Time for Trouble" - James takes over Gordon's work, but is humbled after having to push Toby to the Works.
- "Gordon and the Famous Visitor" - Gordon is jealous of a visitor's high-speed record, and loses his dome trying to be as good.
- "Donald's Duck" - Duck gets cross at Donald and plays a trick on him.
- "Thomas gets Bumped" - Thomas is scared Bertie will take over his passenger traffic after he is sent to the yard.
- "Thomas, Percy and the Dragon" - Thomas gets even with Percy's ghostly prank with the help of a paper Chinese dragon.
- "Diesel Does it Again" - Diesel returns to cause trouble for Percy and Duck at the harbour.
- "Henry's Forest" - Henry is upset when a forest is decimated in a storm, but Toby puts things right.
- "The Trouble with Mud" - Gordon is given goods work after spraying James with mud, but ends up helping James up the hill.
- "No Joke for James" - James tricks Gordon into giving him the Express, but soon regrets his trick.
- "Thomas, Percy and the Post Train"/"Thomas, Percy and the Mail Train" - Thomas and Percy try to save their post trains from Harold.
- "Trust Thomas" - Thomas promises to help mend Bertie's roads, but must help himself first after Gordon and James get him into bother.
- "Mavis" - The new diesel, Mavis, proves to be arrogant and troublesome.
- "Toby's Tightrope" - Mavis redeems herself after Toby nearly "walks a tightrope" when his trucks push him onto an unsafe bridge.
- "Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party" - Edward and Trevor help the vicar with a garden party, while Bertie runs into bother in the mud.
- "Buzz Buzz"/James goes Buzz Buzz - James calls BoCo a "buzzbox", but becomes one himself after a beehive is broken by a porter.
- "All at Sea" - Duck wishes to travel to the horizon, but after helping an injured workman he changes his mind.
- "One Good Turn" - Bill and Ben fall out over an incident with a turntable.
- "Tender Engines" - Henry boasts he deserves an extra tender for his hard work, but Duck brings him down to earth again.
- "Escape" - Douglas rescues a Great Western engine named Oliver from scrap.
- "Oliver Owns Up" - Oliver is boastful, but a group of grumpy coal trucks teach him a lesson.
- "Bulgy" - A rude bus attempts to steal Duck and Oliver's passengers.
- "Heroes" - Bill and Ben inadvertantly cause confusion at the harbour, but they're not to blame when a landslide traps them at the workings.
- "Percy, James and the Fruitful Day" - Percy and James have an adventure with a fruit train.
- "Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure"/"Thomas and Percy's Mountain Adventure" - Thomas and Percy work together to give a snowed-down village a Merry Christmas.